Articles on this Page
- 12/09/14--22:56: _How Kellogg applica...
- 12/10/14--00:37: _How Kellogg Applica...
- 12/10/14--00:49: _How Kellogg Applica...
- 12/10/14--06:02: _How Kellogg Applica...
- 12/10/14--06:11: _How Kellogg applica...
- 12/10/14--06:19: _How Kellogg Applica...
- 12/10/14--19:07: _Facebook just took ...
- 12/12/14--09:18: _Transformational Ti...
- 12/12/14--23:20: _Why Large Companies...
- 12/13/14--05:48: _12 GMAT Tips: befor...
- 12/16/14--00:09: _How the Sydney sieg...
- 12/16/14--04:14: _Peshawar live: Over...
- 12/17/14--05:19: _Big Data Drawing Bi...
- 12/17/14--05:32: _The Yale MBA Behind...
- 12/24/14--01:38: _The Social Entrepre...
- 12/24/14--07:21: _Here are the world’...
- 12/24/14--08:49: _Volvo's bike helmet...
- 12/24/14--18:37: _A Look Into Entrepr...
- 12/24/14--20:34: _If Mary and Joseph ...
- 12/24/14--21:33: _Top 10 Universities...
- 12/09/14--22:56: How Kellogg applicants are assessed.Intellectual Ability 12-10
- 12/10/14--00:37: How Kellogg Applicants are Assessed Work Experience.12-10
- 12/10/14--00:49: How Kellogg Applicants are assessed. PROFESSIONAL GOALS 12-10
- 12/10/14--06:02: How Kellogg Applicants are Assessed Leadership 12-10
- 12/10/14--06:11: How Kellogg applicants are assessed IMPACT 12-10
- 12/10/14--06:19: How Kellogg Applicants are assessed INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- 12/10/14--19:07: Facebook just took a huge shot at Google 12-12
- 12/12/14--23:20: Why Large Companies Can't Innovate 12-13
- 12/13/14--05:48: 12 GMAT Tips: before, during and after 13-12
- 12/16/14--00:09: How the Sydney siege unfolded 12-16
- 12/17/14--05:19: Big Data Drawing Big Student Enrollments 12-17
- 12/17/14--05:32: The Yale MBA Behind Big Data Platform Hadapt 12-17
- 12/24/14--01:38: The Social Entrepreneur’s Guide for Writing GREAT Blog Posts 12-24
- 12/24/14--18:37: A Look Into Entrepreneurial Approaches to Social Change 12-25
- 12/24/14--21:33: Top 10 Universities in US 12-25
- Location – Durham
- Specialty – Duke University underwent both physical and academic expansion when it got merged with Trinity College. The original campus is now known as East campus.
- Student Strength – It has 10 schools and colleges with over 50,000 students
- Location – Philadelphia
- Specialty – The campus is the place where students and faculty can pursue knowledge without boundaries.
- Student Strength – It is home to 20,600 full-time and 4,000 part-time students.
- Location – New Work
- Specialty – It has US president Barack Obama among its alumni. It awards the annual literacy Pulitzer Prize and boasts more Nobel Prize winners than any other institution.
- Student Strength – It has 6,084 undergraduate students along with 13 graduate and professional schools.
- Location – New Haven
- Specialty – It has nurtured five US presidents and 17 Supreme Court justices. The library of this university has around 12.5 million books.
- Student Strength – It has total undergraduate enrollment of 5,430.
- Location – Chicago
- Specialty – The Chicago School of Economics under the university developed Milton Friedman’s pro-market philosophy.
- Student Strength – Over 5,659 undergraduates enroll under this university that has 125 research institutes and centers.
- Location – Princeton
- Specialty – It boasts of more than 30 Nobel laureates among its past faculty and alumni.
- Student Strength – It is home to around 5,000 undergraduate, 2,500 postgraduates and more than 1,100 academics.
- Location – Cambridge
- Specialty – This university has produced more than 70 Nobel laureates in 150 years, eight of who are still associated with the faculty body.
- Student Strength – It has more than 10,000 students along with 34 academic departments, divisions and degree programs.
- Location – Stanford
- Specialty – The alumni of this university has founded multinational giants like Hewlett-Packard (HP) and Google.
- Student Strength – It has 7,000 undergraduate and around 4,000 graduate students.
- Location – Cambridge
- Specialty – It is the oldest academic institute in the US. It has the global academy’s largest financial endowment.
- Student Strength – Over 20,000 degree candidates.
- Location – Pasadena, CA
- Specialty – It manages the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) for NASA, owns and operates a global network of astronomical observatories and research facilities.
- Student Strength – It is home to around 2,300 students.
When Kellogg admissions officers review an application, they evaluate potential students based on six categories. Here, Beth Tidmarsh, director of admissions for Kellogg’s full-time MBA programs, demystifies what happens once you submit your materials and helps you think about how to formulate the story that will help the admissions team learn more about you.
Many people pursue an MBA to gain experience and improve their management and leadership skills. The Kellogg admissions team is looking for both demonstrated leadership in the past and an applicant’s leadership potential. Given the scope and range of our community, this means many different things. Someone with a military background will present different accomplishments than someone with a few years as a junior analyst, or a teacher. What showcases your leadership is going to depend on the path you’ve had and the organizations that you’ve been in, and we take that into account.
A few things will be similar, though. We look for those who have taken up new responsibilities and opportunities in whatever way they can, however their career path has allowed. Maybe this means you’ve led an initiative within your company, or it could mean that you’ve secured promotions quickly, or that you’re deeply involved with a volunteer commitment. Your roles don’t have to be formal, just indicative of your drive. The better you can help us see how these activities fit in with your overall career narrative, the more clearly we can think about how you might fit in with the Kellogg community.
We also consider timeliness. The further along you are into your career, the more we’re going to expect some demonstrated benchmarks. If you’re seven or eight years out of college, consider presenting more recent examples. Likewise, if you’re early in your career, don’t worry that you’re competing with more experienced applicants. Our admissions team is just as concerned with where our students are going as where they’ve already been.
Facebook just took a huge shot at Google
Transformational Tidal Wave Now Taking Shape In Emerging Markets Will Economically Change Our World
I often hear people say companies need to create an agile innovation culture. That's nonsense and even dangerous. It's great to have an outstanding execution engine as long as you are able to build an innovation engine as well. That's where you will experiment with new growth engines by relentlessly testing business models and value propositions.
12 GMAT Tips: before, during and after
Peshawar live: Over 100 children among 126 dead in Taliban attack in Pakistan,
The Taliban attacked a military-run school in Peshawar on Tuesday,
killing over 100 students, because they wanted revenge for the Pakistani
military targeting their own families, a spokesman said.
targeting our families and females," said Taliban spokesman
Muhammad Umar Khorasani. "We want them to feel the pain."
province where Peshawar is located, told local television channels.
school because army targets our families, we want them to feel our pain."
Police officer Javed Khan says the gunmen entered the school on Tuesday morning. He says army commandos quickly arrived at the scene and
exchanged fire with the gunmen.
20 dead, including 17 school children. 1,500 still inside, hostage.#PakSchoolAttack pic.twitter.com/CkVPV3EXy8
Shiv Aroor (@ShivAroor) December 16, 2014
pushing people back.
the military-run Army Public School.
"We were standing outside the school and firing suddenly started and there was chaos everywhere and the screams of children and teachers,"
said Jamshed Khan, a school bus driver.
a teacher told a private television channel outside the besieged school.
"We were in the examination hall when the attack took place," he said.
"Now the army men are clearing the classes one by one."
was responsible for the attack.
not to harm the children, but to target the army personnel," he said.
The Yale MBA Behind Big Data Platform Hadapt
The Social Entrepreneur’s Guide for Writing GREAT Blog Posts
Volvo's bike helmet concept alerts riders and drivers to each other
This smart helmet that Volvo wants to create. It's a two-way system that works by uploading both cyclists' and drivers' locations to Volvo's cloud. While a connected car's in-dash system makes that possible, the helmet needs to be linked to a bike app like Strava to do so. Bicyclists can then be warned that there's a car coming their way or crossing their path by warning lights built into the helmet.